Saturday, July 21, 2007

LOST AND FOUND

I wonder if there is ever a tube of Carmex that gets used until it is actually empty.
Mom cleaned the house the other day and kept finding partial tubes of the stuff, I think we have 5 or 6 now. And then just to be a comedian she bought another one at the store today. You know you gotta have it, so if you can't find it you just buy a new one. After all it is cheap stuff, at 1.39 a tube it won't break you.
However it is not really cheap; at the price of 1.39 per .35oz that adds up to about $508.00 per gallon. So go ahead and buy another tube, they'll just make more. And the main ingredient is petroleum, so every time you loose a tube that's .35 oz of petroleum that is not going into the tank of your car.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess I'm a freak because I do not like Carmex. It makes my lips feel all greasy and freaky. I prefer plain ol' chapstick brand. ALthough what usually happens to me is that I leave mine in a pocket and they go through the washer and get sucked out but yeah I think no matter what kind of balm you put on your lips it's an odd thing that one never finishes it before it disappears etc.

Tracey Lee said...

I saw one tube of Carmex in my whole life that had been emptied. A car had run over it and the guts were spilled out beside it. For real!