Monday, October 15, 2007

GEOCACHING

A while back I got a small GPS device for the car, it made going on vacation a lot easier since my wife can not read a map to save her, so she makes a terrible navigator. I tried doing some geocaching with it but it would only work if the cache was close to a recognized road. So I splurged and bought a small handheld GPS. It has been kind of fun to go "caching". This past Saturday I took some of the grand kids out to introduce them to the world of geocaching. They had a blast and would get so excited each time we found one. And as you can see in the pictures, sometimes you discover things that you don't expect, like "there are actually cacti in the foothills above Stansbury Park". Next time the girls come up we are going to hide our own cache. Fun!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun. Ok now I wanna go on my adventure with you! We'll have to leave something really cool! ;)

Annie said...

Ouch!

We love geocaching in Utah, we get to see places that are hidden away. Some of our favorites are in Park City off of the beaten path.