Monday, August 08, 2011

IT IS CALLED "FAITH"

Last night I saw a very smart man on television declare unequivocally that there "is no God". Everything started with the "big bang" before that, there was nothing, not even God. When we die we will simply cease to exist. Our minds, like a cosmic computer will just shut down and we will be no more. Of course he had all of the scientific theory at his disposal to prove what he was saying.
As I watched this little lump of a man sitting in an empty room, I could not help but think that his life is as empty as the room he was setting in. He may have one of the highest IQ's on earth and he may be very rich and respected among men. But I could not help but feel sorry for him.
I honestly do not know were I would personally be if I did not have my faith and my belief in
God. If I did not have my belief in the creator of all things.
I may have a somewhat limited IQ and my name is not well known outside a small circle of people but I know beyond a doubt that there is a God. That He cares for each of us and He knows us as His children.
He is the Supreme Being. He created heaven and earth and all things in them. It is His work and His glory to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of all man.
God is the Supreme Being in whom I believe and whom I worship. He is the Creator, Ruler and Preserver of all things. HE IS THE BIG BANG!
Ponder the beauties of His creation; trees, flowers, animals, mountains, the ocean waves, the miracle of a newborn child. Gaze to the heavens, where the courses of the stars and planets are evidence of "God moving in his majesty and power"

a couple of films I would recommend:
"The Case for a Creator"
"The Privileged Planet"

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Well said.

Christy Edgel said...

Very nice! I often think about people who's IQ's get in the way... but I think it's the pride, not necessarily the IQ.. They get so caught up in their own ability to think that they can't look outside the box... kind of like a bunch of ants priding themselves for finding food at a picnic and not realizing someone bigger put it there;)