Thursday, August 14, 2008

BLIND SERVICE PROJECT


So this may be one of those "you had to be there" stories but last night when I was telling the family it sure did seem funny.
We have a blind guy in our neighborhood. At least he is legally blind, so he can see shadows etc.
Well one day last week he drove his riding lawn mower down the street and around the corner to mow the lawn of a single lady that needed help. Then when he finished he is driving back home and a policeman drives by and thinks, "hey that guy looks like he's blind" so said blind man gets pulled over on his lawnmower by the local cops and questioned about the sanity of driving around blind on a lawnmower. After all you could run over an animal and not even know it.
A couple of years ago I saw this same guy riding a bike down the street with his white cane setting across the handlebars of the bike.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Oh that is funny! Don't even have to be there for that one. THat ranks right up there with the dude that vacuumed his rooftop!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think it's HI-larious! I know this guy and considering he's blind, he sure does a lot of non-blind stuff like it's no biggie! I really had to laugh the cops stop him.

Michelle said...

That is awesome! Why would you have a blind guy mow your lawn?

G.Ma said...

Isn't it great!! I wish I could have been there to see the cops face and hear the conversation. I still laugh everytime I hear that story!

Tiffany said...

Hi there!! I hope you don't mind if I comment on your blog..........
I know who you're talking about and that is SO SO funny, when I was prego with Matty(like 7 mos so fairly large), there was no fence between our yards and Will and I were outside and he came out and said "Well hello Andrew, LOL" Did he get a ticket from the cop?