Friday, July 18, 2008

SETTLING IN, sort of


Well after being in my new location for a couple of weeks, things are feeling like they belong to me. One upside to my new office is that I actually have enough wall space to add a picture or 2. This one is the creation of the world by Walter Rane. He is one of my favorite LDS painters. So I now have one of his works hanging in my office.
On Wednesday I went and had a "procedure" done to help my Barret's esophagus, the purpose is to burn off any bad tissue so they will be replaced by good cells. I am not so sure it helped much, right now it hurts like the very flames of hell.
If you want to take a look at what they did check out: http://www.barrettsadvice.com/?p=34
this is a somewhat graphic video of someone else (not me) having the procedure

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love that portrait. It is one of my all time fav's. Someday when I'm rich I'll have a huge print of it hanging in my living room.

Sorry about your crummy procedure and that you have to do it again. If you haven't seen the video to anyone else, you should wathc it. It's cool.

Kristy said...

Cool print! Maybe one day I'll have to drag the kids over to the great and spacious building so they can see it for themselves. I think they'd dig a ride on Trax and a ride up the elevator!

Michelle said...

I love the picture. I did not love the video. Drake watched it with me and just kept asking "what is that, what is that?" Not too pleasant. Sorry you have to do it.

Tracey Lee said...

That is a nice picture. Maybe we will come downtown sometime to see you.

I will pass on the video and openly admit I'm a wuss!