Wednesday, October 15, 2008

THE 3 ?

After serving as bishop for three years, our ward has been split again.
Dar is now in the new ward awaiting a call to serve (short rest).
"Q" was also released from the bishopric because the Lord wants him somewhere else.
I have come to love these two men as brothers, maybe more, after all I am not that close to my real brothers. Quinton and Dar have really made being a bishop a lot easier than it would have been otherwise. I never needed to actually delegate anything, because these two just did what needed to be done and I did not have to worry.
With new counselors in place as well as a new ward clerk we are now reorganizing the ward. Much work to do, but the Lord's hand is in it and the work is easy to bare.
My new counselors are; Chad Jarvis (was the ward clerk) and Rob Tripp (demoted from the YM presidency).
So I look forward to a few more years as bishop of one of the greatest wards in the church. Thanks to everyone.

4 comments:

G.Ma said...

I love those 3 men especially the one in the middle. You are all funny and are very special sons of our Father in Heaven. Thanks for all you have done!!

Unknown said...

I like that photo, it's fun.

Kris and Q said...

You made this journey so great for us to. The best part is the friendship made that will endure forever. We will always be in loyal support and you will always be in our prayers as you carry on in the Lords work.

Anonymous said...

Change is always difficult but sometimes it is needed. I just have to say these three are such great men. I loved having them in my life at a much needed time. I loved being able to see two grown men (you know which two you are) get so emotional when touched by the spirit. I'm grateful to all 3 of you for being supportive to me and my family and celebrating great changes with me and my family. Our Heavenly Father will bless you in your lives. Love you.
I really miss my Stansbury Family.